1. Cognitive skills of critical thinking, analysis and synthesis. This includes the capability to identify assumptions, evaluate statements in terms of evidence, to detect false logic or reasoning, to identify implicit values, to define terms adequately and to generalise appropriately.
2. Ability to conduct research into business and management issues, either individually or as part of a team for projects/dissertations/presentations.
3. Familiarity with an evaluative approach to a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, and for such to inform the overall learning process.
4. To identify implicit values, to define terms adequately and to generalise appropriately
5. Effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate quantitative and qualitative skills including identifying, formulating and solving business problems.
6. The ability to create, evaluate and assess a range of options together with the capacity to apply ideas and knowledge to a range of situations
7. Effective communication, oral and in writing, using a range of media which are widely used in business such as the preparation and presentation of business reports
8. Numeracy and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation. The use of models of business problems and phenomena
9. Effective use of communication and information technology for business applications 10. Effective self‐management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation.
11. Self‐starting, individual initiative and enterprise
12. Effective performance, within a team environment, including leadership, team building, influencing and project management skills
13. Interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation
14. The overall learning process of self reflection and criticality including self awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business and management issues. 15. Understanding of international business cultures.
16. Business and management degrees are strongly related to practice and so the programme has forged a strong link between the development of skills and employability.